ADL for Hanzo Design

Hanzo Design is a custom boutique home builder based in Calgary. In late 2014, Hanzo Design built a 2700 sq. foot home in Calgary’s inner city. ADL Electric was brought in to install LED light fixtures for the entire home, inside and out. This included pot lights, high-quality kitchen and dining room fixtures as well as wall washers and permanent Christmas lights for outside of the home.

LED lights, along with dimmer switches and timers for the outside lights, were seamlessly integrated into the home’s design. Under and over counter lighting was routed into cabinets for a sleek and modern finish. The energy savings for the homeowner will be between $2,000 – $2,500 over the course of a year with the LED lights lasting 14 years or longer.

0
Money Saved per Year

ADL for Eau Claire Market

Eau Claire Market started operating in 1993 and has been a fixture in the Calgary downtown entertainment retail experience. Eau Claire Market wanted to reduce operating and maintenance costs by replacing its current metal halide lights with a more energy efficient option. ADL Electric was able to complete the installation during business hours with minimal disruption to shoppers and tenants.

The new lights made a major difference in the bottom line for Eau Claire Market. Eau Claire saw the payback in 2.2 years – this translates to 162,000 kilowatt in annual savings. Over the next 10 years, the Market will see savings exceeding $274,000 from energy, heating and cooling, and maintenance costs.

0
Money Saved for the next 10 Years

ADL for West Island College

West Island College (WIC) needed to improve the quantity and quality of light in its primary gymnasium to provide students with a welcoming and usable environment. Starting by replacing 460W metal halide fixtures with 230W Advanced Plasma Lights (APL) and adding additional fixtures, WIC increased the average illuminance levels by 35% and lit up previous dark spots throughout the gym. The installation of the plasma lights also made the gym more vibrant, eliminating any dullness. The cost of the APL bulbs will pay for themselves within a few months, while the new APL fixtures will last about 11.5 years before a replacement is needed. The APL lights fixtures are expected to last 100,000 hours, while the light bulbs are estimated to last 50,000 hours. This equates to a total of $72,000 in savings over the course of 23 years. That’s $9 saved everyday just from replacing the lights!

0
In savings over the course of 23 years

5 Reasons You Need to Switch to LED

Light emitting diodes (LEDs) are everywhere, which makes one wonder: what’s the big deal? Here is how YOU can benefit by switching to LED lights:

  1. LED light bulbs last longer.

With no filament to break or burn out, LED light bulbs can last over 100,000 hours. Their lifespan is typically twice that of fluorescent bulbs and 20 times longer than incandescent bulbs.

  1. They are energy efficient.

An incandescent light bulb loses 80% of its energy to heat, leaving only the last 20% for light. In contrast, LEDs only give up 20% of their energy to heat loss, meaning that you’ll get more light out of each bulb.

  1. LED light bulbs work in silence.

Ever hear a hum and wonder where that’s coming from? The days of humming bulbs come to an end with LEDs, so there’s no need to lose sanity listening to the thrum, tick, or ping of other light bulbs.

  1. LEDs are versatile.

Thanks to the wide array of colors and shapes, LEDs be made to replace most any light bulb. Their small size and energy efficiency open up a world of possibility, from infrared remote control lights to ultra-light headlamps.

  1. They promise a brighter future.

LED light bulbs don’t contain mercury, like compact fluorescent bulbs do. Combining that with the fact that they outlast their energy efficient cousins, makes the choice to go LED clear as day.